The following informational articles appeared in the Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce May newsletter:
HEALDSBURG AVE BRIDGE: The project has expended 47% of its contract time leaving 207 working days to complete the project. Project completion is currently trending toward mid-February 2016. Major work completed includes lead paint removal, a new prime coat applied to all steel surfaces, Span 1 bridge deck removed, both east and west abutments reconstructed, new utility deflection joints installed, rock slope protection installed on the west bank, re-grading of the Front Street/Healdsburg Avenue and installation of the first lift of pavement, retrofit of new steel members including commencing the removal and replacement of the outer I-beams and the removal and replacement of old bridge bearings on Span 1 with new isolation bearings. Reopening of the bridge to vehicle traffic in October 2015 remains on schedule.
The following drought regulations are now in place. These are not suggestions.
• No Washing down sidewalks and driveways;
• No Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes excess runoff;
• No Washing a motor vehicle with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle;
• No Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system;
• No Irrigating turf or ornamental landscapes during and 48 hours following measurable precipitation (new);
• Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers on request (new); and
• Operators of hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels and linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option (new).
To subscribe to the Chamber’s monthly electronic newsletter, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.